You should all feel extremely proud having finished your first week in 4th grade. We made great strides in beginning to establish a "Community of Learners" as we got to know some friends a little better and began establishing new friendships with others. While only a four-day week, we covered a lot of many important issues, including:
- learning / practicing classroom expectations,
- participating in morning meeting / closing circle,
- beginning to draft our "Hopes & Dreams,"
- meeting and reading to our 1st grade Book Buddies,
- working on our "Back to School Night" surprise for your parents (shhhhh...make sure you don't tell them what we've planned!),
- presenting our "Me Bags" to our classmates, and
- enjoying some extra recess during the week!
Enjoy your well-deserved weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday.